Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012



Holy smokes you have come upon truly a once in a lifetime moment! You are reading the very first post of this here blog! Don't you feel special?! Ok enough with the theatrics. If you've found your way here it's probably because you love fly fishing for carp or you are an aquaintance and I told you to drop by. Anyway, I hope that you find these pages first and foremost entertaining and secondly informative. This blog is basically about fly fishing for carp in the Columbia River Basin which includes a lot of carp water and the grandmother to them the all; The Columbia River (a.k.a. the Big "C"). There will also be other stuff thrown in that I enjoy too to include fine brews, back country skiing, hiking etc.

A couple of disclaimers: 1) I am not a professional fisherman or guide in any sense. Just a regular guy fly fisher. 2) Nearly all of my techniques and tactics have been gleaned from, copied, modified from or adapted form great carpers such as Jeremy Kendall, Darce Knoble, Barry Reynolds, John Montana, Mr. P, McTage and several other unmentioned individuals whom articles I have read in various publications over the years. But the greatest contributor to my carp knowledge cache is experience. One can only improve upon their skills if they go out and fish and find out what works for them on particular waters.

So with that being said I will try to catch readers up to the present with a photographic timeline going back to 2008 when I began carping in earnest. I hope that you enjoy these pages and I welcome all constructive comments and inquiries about my trashfishing and funhogging exploits.

And I am going fishing tomorrow so stay tuned.


2008
2010


2010


2011

2011
2011
2011

2011
2011


2012


2012
2012

2012


8 comments:

  1. Well there goes the neighborhood....hah. Welcome to the blogosphere Travis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John! I think this will be a good outlet for my adventures. I hope I can possibly share some knowledge and gain some from readers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be awaiting anxiously, show the East of the Continental Divide guys we have coursefish to die for also.

    Gregg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sir, I must say those are some very high quality photos. What camera are you using? I know, it's not the first question one normally asks on a fly fishing blog. ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samuel. All the photos up until 2012 were taken with an Olympus stylus 760 (7.1 mp). I got a new camera for Xmas so the ones from 2012 on out were taken with a Nikon AW100 (16 mp).

      Delete
  5. That photo of the mirror at the top of the post is friggin' awesome! Looking forward to future posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ty. When I saw that fish up close I noticed the intricate patterns and tiny scales between the big scales and thought that that would be a cool picture.

      Delete